[mythtv-users] onn Android TV UHD Streaming Device $19.88

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:28:22 UTC 2022

On 3/15/22 16:07, David Engel wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 01:10:19PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> The problems reported in the aftvnews.com reviews seem to have been solved.
>>
>> This device runs mythfrontend (32bit version). In mythfrontend setup, the
>> onscreen keyboard takes a long time, up to 30 seconds, to appear. Other than
>> that, mythfrontend performance is good. I was able to select Steppes theme,
>> and play recordings.
> Perer, can you try full, mediacodec on it (and on the fire TV stick
> too)?  It should perform better than mediacodec-dec.  My 32-bit builds
> crash instantly so I haven't had a chance to try it myself.
>
> David

I did test it with full mediacodec. It works fine on MPEG2 and H264. I
did not test speedup.

Do you mean your build process crashes or the app crashes when you start it?

Mark Spieth updated the android packaging for a new version of QT but
there are some changes needed for it to build on my system. I can give
you the changes or commit them if Mark does not get around to it.

Peter