[mythtv-users] Mythtv Frontend on Android Phones

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Mar 1 13:57:34 UTC 2022

I've run the Android mythfrontend on my phone for a long time. When run
on a tablet it works perfectly with the 9 touch points during playback
on the screen correctly triggering the various functions (pause, back,
forth, skip, etc). On the phone (nexus, pixel) the touch points don't
work. Screen touches outside of the playback to the GUI menus do work.

I've posted a few times about this with no response from the forum. I
presume there are few people running the Android mythfrontend on their
phones. When I use it I use a mini bluetooth keyboard to get the
interaction.

One nice thing about the Android version is the ability to use the
Chromecast on Android to stream Myth to a big screen TV.