[mythtv-users] Duplicate Detection Not Working?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:14:07 UTC 2022

I have noticed within the last few months that I am getting old shows that
have previously been recorded being queued to record again.  I can't say
for sure how long this has been happening, but perhaps as long as a year.
It has become obvious as the current season ended and 'new' episodes have
popped up that have previously aired, been watched and deleted.

I've compared the episode data of the 'new' recording with what is in the
recorded table and the ProgramID, Title, Subtitle and Description are
identical.  I found in the archives of this forum a response from Peter
Bennett responding to another user who was having trouble with duplicate
recordings.  The takeaway from his response was the value of the field
labeled 'duplicate'.  He said that if this field was a zero (0), it would
re-record.  I checked in my database and found that most, if not all, of
the table's records were zero.  The same was true for the table oldrecorded.

I'm tempted to just set this field to a 1 for all records, but not truly
knowing what this field is used for, thought I'd take a minute and ask the
MythTV users for some more context.  I've already spent 1-2 hours going
through some recordings, that I never delete, searching for and removing
duplicates and was hoping I could find a way to make the duplicate checking
start working again.

I am currently using:

mythbackend - v32.0+fixes.202206242147.501f85b389~ubuntu20.04.1

mythfilldatabase - v32.0+fixes.202206242147.501f85b389~ubuntu20.04.1

Regards,

Ken Emerson