[mythtv-users] grabber returned error code 1

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 12:41:41 UTC 2022

Darryl:

> grabber returned error code 1

This is admittedly a long shot: a couple of years ago I had a series of
days when I received a unsuccessful grabber message,  I day or two prior
I had installed MythTV on a computer.  Ended up this particular computer
had 'latched' to the Schedules Direct feed and so was stopping updates.

I don't remember how but had looked at something like active connections
and noted there was one between this computer's IP and Schedules
Direct.  (My ping test just now shows 52.3.57.155.)  I'm pretty sure the
only time this should be active is during the mythfilldatabase event.
Powered off that computer, the connection disappeared.  I think it took
until the next day to be able to re-establish the data run.

As I noted, this is a long shot but may help you figure out your problem
source.

Barry