[mythtv-users] directly connecting HDHR to spare LAN port

mythtv-users at dwilga.info mythtv-users at dwilga.info
Thu Jun 23 12:52:37 UTC 2022

On 6/23/22 8:16 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> Switches with larger numbers of ports do not increase exponentially in
> price unless you are thinking of Cisco or Juniper or the like.  Their
> prices start at astronomical and scale up from there.
Ebay is your friend here. I picked up a surplus 48-port HPE managed
switch for about $100. It took me a while to find something that didn't
consume an astronomical amount of power, as network gear seems to be in
the "when It's enterprise, who cares how green it is" camp. Some of them
consume 250W all the time.