[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:05:27 UTC 2022

Hi Paul!

> Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) has v32 in the official repo so because that
> version is newer than? v31 it is the version you get if you upgrade or
> do a new install of 22.04.
>

> If you want to use v31 then you will have to add the PPA for v31 and
> uninstall**the v32 MythTV packages. You can then install the? v31
> packages and finally tell apt to hold all the installed v31 packages or
> else the next time you do a apt update/apt upgrade you will get the v32
> packages again. See this forum post for details of the various apt
> command to use. https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4874
>

> It's important to do that for ALL the MythTV packages if you have a
> mixed install then bad things will happen.

Semi-apologizing for the delay in replying: tried a few options and
apparently I need to have my hand held to figure out the above
instructions. Posted my notes at
https://app.box.com/s/c36i4nmocdwkllxvkc9j2l5bxb7vegeu   (PDF format)
so you/others could see what I thought I should be doing.  Basically
Part 1 is using the 'without Ansible' option to install (what I'm
guessing are the) dependencies, then compiling the source code.  Got an
error message which seems to say I am missing dependencies but can't
because they're not installable.

So frustration break and on to Part 2.  Well, side-trip to Part 1a: saw
there's "2:31.0+fixes.202203040619.7e4ce1ba98~ubuntu22.04.1"  which
seems to be what I want to install but unable to figure out how to get
to the page to download.

Now to Part 2 (my notes: "Restart here" in the black line). Install
using Ansible, then compile the source code again.  And ends with pretty
much the same error.

... Am I having problems because of this:

cat    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-31-jammy.list
deb https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mythbuntu/31/ubuntu/ jammy main
# deb-src https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mythbuntu/31/ubuntu/ jammy main

No idea why the second one is commented.

Thanks!

Barry