[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase taking FOREVER

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:58:08 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 8:44 PM Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 10:35 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 1:52 AM Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On second look, queries are slow too.  Select from Person can take upwards of 400ms:
>>
>> When was the last time you performed a key distribution
>> analysis and stored the statistics for use by the query
>> optimizer?
>

> Gary, I've got the optimize_mythdb script set up to run periodically.  So, it ran very recently.

Then something else very basic is wrong with your
database setup, as a select from people using a
where person should be (essentially) instantaneous.
After performing the recommendations that the
mysqltuner script suggests, and if a select from
people is still slow, run an explain on that select
to see what the query plan is (and, perhaps, turn
on slow query logging for your db server).