[mythtv-users] directly connecting HDHR to spare LAN port

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:52:27 UTC 2022

Hi Jim,

On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 at 21:07, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a NUC with  2 RJ45 ports on the back. One is 2.5Gb and the other is
> 1Gb.  Is there a simple way to connect a HDHomeRun Connect tuner to one of
> these ports so it would work with Mythtv and eliminate any record problems
> that I'm having from being network related??

On my production system I have a separate network card with a direct cable
connection to a HDHomeRun without any configuration whatsoever. No fixed IP
addresses, no DHCP, no routing, not anything and it just works. Of course,
then the HDHomeRun cannot be accessed by anything else in the network but
that does definitely eliminate interference from other devices on the
network.

Klaas.