[mythtv-users] leanfront - strange startup behavior recently

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:49:41 UTC 2022

On 6/13/22 08:26, James Abernathy wrote:
> I'm running Leanfront 355 and using the status port 6744 instead of
> 6544 so the play from last position works.  My backend is fixes 32
> 22020606103 and since that update I've noticed some startup issues
> with Leanfront.
>
> For example, this morning the backend started recording the CBS
> mornings show at 7am.  At about 7:44 I started Leanfront to watch it
> from the beginning.  Leanfront started immediately and the news
> program was shown as available in the News Recording group.  I tried
> to play the program and there was a spinning circle but the show never
> started. I wanted a minute and then canceled. Tried again, but nothing
> happened.
>
> I then force stopped the app and cleared the cache. This time the
> program played. I have not noticed this behavior prior to updating the
> backend with the 6/6/2022 version
>
> Jim A

It will be helpful if you get a full log when it happens.

You can create a bug log with this info in the leanfront repository to
track the problem.

Run this right after it happens.

adb logcat -d > android.log

Alternatively start this before you start and then after it happens stop
the logging with Ctrl-C.

adb logcat | tee android.log

Attach the android.log and mention the exact time the problem occurred
and the show name.

Peter