[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase taking FOREVER

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 03:06:27 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 2:48 AM Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it make sense that it is removing and then inserting the same program?  This log entry suggests wasted effort, unless I'm missing something:

There are numerous checks to determine if the
existing program is *really* the same (with all the
details).  Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not
("generic" programs such as news often get
updates as the time gets closer to the "now"
value).  And mythfilldatabase does some additional
adjustments of the data that can (next run) result
in detections of changes.  Some of which was
improved with recent (supported) releases of
MythTV.

First thing is move to a current OS version and a
currently supported MythTV version and a currently
supported version of the xmltv grabber and see if
things get different.