[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase taking FOREVER

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 01:33:09 UTC 2022

Recently, I'm noticing that mythfilldtabase is taking something like 12
hours to finish. I know we had some issues with SD and the backend
maintenance, so not sure if that has been fully resolved.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and mythtv v30.0.  I use the sdjson_sqlite grabber
v1.109 and xmltv v0.5.70.  I only have about 100 channels set as "selected"
in the sqlite database.

Mythfilldatabase sits forever on the message "pruning local database"

I see very low CPU utilization on a four vCPU i7 VM with 8GB RAM.

Any thoughts on why this is taking so long?

Larry