[mythtv-users] recent mythbackend crashing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 13:58:16 UTC 2022

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 9:04 AM Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

> Here on f32 mythtv version is
>          mythtv-backend-32.0-1.30.20220510git26079f815a.fc34.x86_64
> $ mythbackend --version
> MythTV Branch : fixes/31

This sounds like a packager versioning
issue, as your previous email had you
upgrading to a fixes/32 version.  You
may want to contact your packager.

> Library API : 32.20200101-1

And this further suggest fixes/32

> I still wonder (an old habit as a software maintainer):
> - did the compiler version used change recently?
> - why does it crash only occasionally?

As Klaas said, the adaptation field is optional in
a transport stream packet.  To make things even
more interesting, the adaptation field itself has
multiple optional extensions.  If there is no
adaptation field, or the packet is otherwise chosen
not to be processed, one would not encounter
the bug.

Someone would have to go back and check the
logs, but I suspect fixes/32 is the first packaged
version update with the array changes which is
why you are encountering the issue now.