[mythtv-users] Resurrecting mythadder.py to repopulate videometadata when plugging in a usb drive with media

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:19:39 UTC 2022

--I see that the Storage group needs to be added, and my plan is to just add /media/mythtv as the directory on the frontend in
Settings -> Video settings-> General Settings -> Directories that Hold videos so I can plug the external drive with video into it.

--Does that make sense, or does it need to be plugged into the backend and add /media/mythtv to the storage groups?

Will the updated myth adder and auto mounter work on either the frontend or the backend, or ONLY on the back end?

I’m not sure how videometadata works regarding frontend vs back end directories, but it would be nice if it would work on the frontend as I keep the backend in a different part of the house. :-)

Regards!