[mythtv-users] random mythfrontend seqment faults

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:48:55 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 12:16 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 11:15:19 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 10:23 AM Stephen Worthington <
> >stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> >> particularly

> and

> >> You will probably need to get a backtrace to work out what the exact
> >> problem is:
> >>
> >> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging
> >

> >Before I go to that extent, I want to reproduce this on real hardware.
> >Could still be a VM related issue.
> >
> >Jim A
>
> It is still a bug that needs fixing even if it is.

The problem for me is that I do not know very much about gdb.  I tried
running gdb mythfrontend to see if I could produce the error, but it
stopped at a gdb> prompt.  I have no idea what to do next.  I would like it
to just run until the Seq. fault and produce a backtrace for me to post on
github.

Jim A