[mythtv-users] mythweb failure on Debian testing (bookworm)

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:56:12 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 11:42 AM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 10:35 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 10:44 AM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Unsure - "Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table
>>> 'mythconverg.music_songs' doesn't exist" is why it is crashing.  You
>>> could try on both systems:
>>>
>>> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e "describe music_songs;\g"
>>>
>>> and see if they both return data.  This assumes your db u/p is mythtv
>>>

>> I get the same results on both systems:
>>
>> im at den-pc:~$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e "describe
>> music_songs;\g"
>> ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'mythconverg.music_songs' doesn't
>> exist
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> Sounds like some sort of packaging issue if MythWeb should have checks for
> the plugin, but is fatally erroring out when it is not installed...?

Okay, here's what I found. On the VM for bookworm, I built mythplugins and
when I tried to use it I got the message about no Music Group setup.  Then
I remembered that I only setup the storage for recording(default) and
DB_backup.  When I tried to run mythtv-setup, I got an immediate seg
fault.  So I rebooted the VM and then I could setup the storage directories
for Music and Musicart with mythtv-setup.  The in mythfrontend I could scan
for music, even though there was none, but it setup the database and
Mythweb now works. Output of mysql below from Bookworm VM.
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e "describe music_songs;\g"
+-----------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field           | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra

+-----------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| song_id         | int(11) unsigned     | NO   | PRI | NULL    |
auto_increment |
| filename        | text                 | NO   |     | NULL    |

| name            | varchar(255)         | NO   | MUL |         |

| track           | smallint(6) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |

| artist_id       | int(11) unsigned     | NO   | MUL | 0       |

| album_id        | int(11) unsigned     | NO   | MUL | 0       |

| genre_id        | int(11) unsigned     | NO   | MUL | 0       |

| year            | smallint(6)          | NO   |     | 0       |

| length          | int(11) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0       |

| numplays        | int(11) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0       |

| rating          | tinyint(4) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0       |

| lastplay        | datetime             | YES  |     | NULL    |

| date_entered    | datetime             | YES  |     | NULL    |

| date_modified   | datetime             | YES  |     | NULL    |

| format          | varchar(4)           | NO   |     | 0       |

| mythdigest      | varchar(255)         | YES  | MUL | NULL    |

| size            | bigint(20) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| description     | varchar(255)         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| comment         | varchar(255)         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| disc_count      | smallint(5) unsigned | YES  |     | 0       |

| disc_number     | smallint(5) unsigned | YES  |     | 0       |

| track_count     | smallint(5) unsigned | YES  |     | 0       |

| start_time      | int(10) unsigned     | YES  |     | 0       |

| stop_time       | int(10) unsigned     | YES  |     | NULL    |

| eq_preset       | varchar(255)         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| relative_volume | tinyint(4)           | YES  |     | 0       |

| sample_rate     | int(10) unsigned     | YES  |     | 0       |

| bitrate         | int(10) unsigned     | YES  |     | 0       |

| bpm             | smallint(5) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |

| directory_id    | int(20)              | NO   | MUL | 0       |

| hostname        | varchar(255)         | NO   |     |         |

jim at debian-testing:~$

Not sure why it worked on my real LMDE5 system, except that all those
directories exist even though I don't have the mythplugins built?

Jim A