[mythtv-users] Duplicate Detection Not Working?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:34:40 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 8:57 AM <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:

> On 18/7/22 14:39, Larry Kennedy wrote:
> >
> > I set "Duplicate Check Method" to "None" and "Check for Duplicates
> > in"  to "All Recordings."
> >
> > Not sure this makes any sense, but things got better for me.
> I have the same issue.
> For me it is related to program ID being different, even though it is
> the same show.
> I believe at one time on a previous version, I removed the program ID
> and then it fell back to using the title and sub-title.
>
> I moved countries which showed this up, but I had noticed it when the
> same show was on different channels.
> I now see on the same channel sometimes.
>
> I am is Oz, so people will understand the terrible state of TV! :-)
>
> So . . I have searched this forum and have found a few people who have
decided to modify the XML file downloaded from SchedulesDirect before
handing it over to mythfilldatabase by deleting the program IDs.  Is this a
fix or is it a kludge that will break something else?  Is it important to
figure out just which programs have this problem and only delete those
program IDs?  This would seem like a messy way to fix the problem and
require going back and checking which programs are handled correctly and
which are not and then modifying a special script.  Does anyone have some
experience on the outcome of this 'fix'?

Regards,

Ken Emerson