[mythtv-users] building mythtv from source on Debian 11 Bullseye/Linux Mint Debian Edition

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:13:02 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 4:29 PM Stuart Auchterlonie <
stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> > 2.  on Debian Testing (Bookworm), I previously reported that the patched
> > ansible fails, but I ran sudo apt install on the non-ansible list of
> > dependencies and 1 failed.  python3-oauth is not available for Bookworm.
> > I tried python3-oauthlib as a replacement and it installed. I then built
> > mythtv the same as in #1 and it worked as expected without any need to
> > upgrade the database.
> >

> I've just fixed the same issue with the github workflow.
> There is no python3-oauth package in ubuntu-22.04 (or derivatives)
>
> The replacement appears to be python3-oauthlib, but mythnetvision
> will require coding changes to be able to use it.
>
> So the playbooks should just skip trying to install python3-oauth
> on ubuntu >= 22.04 and derivatives at this time.
>

> Regards
> Stuart

I just tried a fresh build of a fresh Devian testing VM and I installed the
non-ansible dependencies except for 'python3-oauth' and I didn't use
'python3-oauthlib'.  MythTV v32 built fine. I didn't see any errors. Not
sure what is missing or doesn't work without that package?

Jim A