[mythtv-users] building mythtv from source on Debian 11 Bullseye/Linux Mint Debian Edition

Bill keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:02:32 UTC 2022

On 7/12/22 15:29, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

>> 2.  on Debian Testing (Bookworm), I previously reported that the patched ansible fails, but I ran sudo apt install on the non-ansible list of dependencies and 1 failed.  python3-oauth is not available for Bookworm. I tried python3-oauthlib as a replacement and it installed. I then built mythtv the same as in #1 and it worked as expected without any need to upgrade the database.
>>

> I've just fixed the same issue with the github workflow.
> There is no python3-oauth package in ubuntu-22.04 (or derivatives)
>
> The replacement appears to be python3-oauthlib, but mythnetvision
> will require coding changes to be able to use it.
>
> So the playbooks should just skip trying to install python3-oauth
> on ubuntu >= 22.04 and derivatives at this time.
>

> Regards
> Stuart

Agree for 22.04.

I was following PR#603 while working on this. On my 22.04 host the only oauth
for Python displays like this with dpkg -l:

      python3-oauthlib 3.2.0-1 generic, spec-compliant implementation of OAuth for Python3

I'm looking into the cases where ansible_* version variables are passed to |int.
Since Jim's found for me, they're all equal to "testing" not a number and
that string converts to 0 tests are failing.

      "ansible_lsb": {

         "major_release": "testing",

         "release": "testing"

     "ansible_distribution_major_version": "testing"

--
Bill