[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime with CableCard on Myth 0.29 via External (black box) Tuner

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:40:37 UTC 2022

Hoi Christopher,

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:20:23PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Christopher,
>>
>> As to me it appears there is at some level confusion between the
>> devices, how about only connecting the device you are trying to
>> configure.
>> Then disconnect it and connect the next, etc.
>>
>> Then when all are working stand-alone, connect them all.
>>
>> The basic scientific approach, eliminate as many variables as
>> possible. You might for instance discover that your ip assignment is
>> not as you intended and expect.
>>

> I didn't say this explicitly to Peter at the beginning, I just implied
> it but, since I suspect that the issue with the hdhomerun is
> distinguishing between multiple HD Homeruns with different
> capabilities on the same network. So, my first action was to unplug
> all but the HD Homerun prime and try my configuration. I wasn't able
> to test this well, The Prime and my HD-PVR share the same set of
> Channels. When I go to tune a channel, the mythtv overrides my choices
> and tunes it on the HD-PVR which invalidates my testing. So, I took
> the Prime of the net and put the Connect back on. Everything was honky
> dory then. I added the Prime back and ran into another nightmare.

> I wish I could just specify to mythtv that when I say this capture
> source I mean the HD Homerun at IP address 172.x.y.62 because I know
> that will work. I'm running Paul Vixie's DHCP server her and I've had
> static assignments to these boxes since the day that I got them.

Have you set the recording priorities for the devices according to
your wishes? Obviously the hdpvr has a higher or equal priority as
the prime.
If you want to prioritize the prime you should give it higher
priority. You set this I think for every tuner on the second page of
the device configuration.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven