[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime with CableCard on Myth 0.29 via External (black box) Tuner

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Tue Jul 12 21:05:17 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:20:23PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Christopher,
>
> As to me it appears there is at some level confusion between the
> devices, how about only connecting the device you are trying to
> configure.
> Then disconnect it and connect the next, etc.
>
> Then when all are working stand-alone, connect them all.
>
> The basic scientific approach, eliminate as many variables as
> possible. You might for instance discover that your ip assignment is
> not as you intended and expect.

I didn't say this explicitly to Peter at the beginning, I just implied
it but, since I suspect that the issue with the hdhomerun is
distinguishing between multiple HD Homeruns with different
capabilities on the same network. So, my first action was to unplug
all but the HD Homerun prime and try my configuration. I wasn't able
to test this well, The Prime and my HD-PVR share the same set of
Channels. When I go to tune a channel, the mythtv overrides my choices
and tunes it on the HD-PVR which invalidates my testing. So, I took
the Prime of the net and put the Connect back on. Everything was honky
dory then. I added the Prime back and ran into another nightmare.

I wish I could just specify to mythtv that when I say this capture
source I mean the HD Homerun at IP address 172.x.y.62 because I know
that will work. I'm running Paul Vixie's DHCP server her and I've had
static assignments to these boxes since the day that I got them.

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]