[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime with CableCard on Myth 0.29 via External (black box) Tuner

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Tue Jul 12 20:40:08 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 01:14:24PM -0400, Chris Hilton wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 12:02:27PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 12:27:02PM -0400, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:

...snip...

> I'll try to arrange this. It involves solving a different
> problem. Right now I testing on what will be my production mythtv
> hardware. I have an understanding of how things work here and I think
> I can make a path forward. To get here, I started with a MythTV VM on
> VMware fusion on my Mac. I cannot get the xmltv stuf setup there but
> I'm going to try disabling SELinux and making sure that the firewall
> is also off.  once I can get the guide data working, I can isolate and
> test on the test box and get good screen shots too. If worse comes to
> worse, I'll just use my iPhone.

David,

Where should I post the pictures?

Also, in arranging to get the screen shots, I've been able to revisit
the state where I could not get two HD Homeruns to work against
different video sources on one mythtv. In this case, neither of the
HdHomerun devices worked without having been channel scanned.

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]