[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime with CableCard on Myth 0.29 via External (black box) Tuner

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jul 12 16:14:25 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 11:40:37AM -0400, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> What I don't understand is:
>
> * Why does my HDHomerun Prime show up as having 25 ATSC channels when
>   it doesn't have an ATSC tuner so it can't have any ATSC channels?

Those are unencrypted channels on your cable.  They are typically
local channels or on-demand streams.

> * Why does my HDHomerun Prime show up with the IP address 172.x.y.62
>   as an hdhomerun_atsc_4 tuner when this is the IP address and
>   identity of my HD Homerun connect device?

The IP address shown in mythtv-setup is purely informational to help
you identify your devices.  The IP address can change from time to
time unless you have configured your DHCP server to give static
addresses to your HDHRs.  The HDHR, device ID is what MythTV actually
uses when recording from them.

David
--
David Engel