[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime with CableCard on Myth 0.29 via External (black box) Tuner

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Tue Jul 12 13:38:45 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 09:01:44AM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 7/12/22 08:23, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> > Good morning,
> >
> > [ ...snip... ]
> Is there some problem with the built-in hd homerun support in MythTV, that
> you want to use it via an external recorder? I used an HD Homerun Prime for
> a few years with the built-in support. Since then the built-in support has
> been improved with better reservation and allocation of tuners.
>
> Peter

When I run through the normal path on my HDHomerun Prime, which is
connected via cable card to my CATV feed, It discovers 25 ATSC
Terrestrial channels and it cannot tune anything. Further, there are
three HD Homeruns on the network, the prime, connected to my CATV feed
with CableCard, A Connect, and a Quattro both connected to two
different antennas. When I first set things up, I had trouble
discriminating between the three devices. I'm hoping to use the --hdhr
option in the External tuner to forcibly bind an input connection to a
programming source.

I'm in the Hartford, CT broadcast area on the border of the NYC
broadcast area. The CATV company frequently plays games with the
broadcasters around here, periodically turning off the CATV feed for
some channel that I can pick up via antenna. I'm trying to insulate
myself from such disputes and walk, not run away from CATV.

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]