[mythtv-users] building mythtv from source on Debian 11 Bullseye/Linux Mint Debian Edition

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:32:37 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 5:43 PM Bill <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/11/22 16:00, James Abernathy wrote:
> >
> > I went ahead and ran it against Debian testing (Bookworm)
> >
> > Failed also:
> > I put the console output on pastebin
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/pZC9dRs3 <https://pastebin.com/pZC9dRs3>
>
> Thanks! I removed libcrystalhd-dev from Mint. And it looks like
> the test has been for ansible_lsb.major_release is always a number
> (< 11) in this case. So if ansible_lsb.major_release is testing,
> it will fail.
>
> I make some changes. Mint should work.
>
> 'testing' may still fail, but there will be more output under:
>
>    TASK [common : Information used to select which roles/tasks run] **
>
> I'm now checking: (ansible_distribution_major_version|int < 11) or
> (ansible_lsb.major_release|int== |int < 11))
>
> --
> Bill

With the latest changes, LMDE5 run completed without errors.  All the
packages from the non-ansible list of dependencies were installed.

However, Debian Testing (bookworm) still has issues:

jim at debian:~/ansible$ ./mythtv.yml --limit=localhost --check
BECOME password:

PLAY [mythtv_hosts]

TASK [Gathering Facts]
[WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered Python
interpreter at
/usr/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter
could change the meaning of that
path. See
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-core/2.12/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html
for more
information.
ok: [localhost]

TASK [common : Information used to select which roles/tasks run]
ok: [localhost] => {
    "msg": [
        "Inventory Hostname: localhost",
        "Major Version:      testing",
        "Major Release:      testing",
        "Package Manager:    apt"
    ]
}

TASK [mythtv-deb : create a list of deb compilers and build essentials]
**************************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv essential build libraries]
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv extra build libraries]
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : include_tasks]
included: /home/jim/ansible/roles/mythtv-deb/tasks/debian.yml for localhost

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv extra build libraries]
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The conditional check
'((ansible_distribution_major_version|int < 11) or
(ansible_lsb.major_release|int== |int < 11))' failed. The error was:
template error while templating string: unexpected '|'. String: {% if
((ansible_distribution_major_version|int < 11) or
(ansible_lsb.major_release|int== |int < 11)) %} True {% else %} False {%
endif %}\n\nThe error appears to be in
'/home/jim/ansible/roles/mythtv-deb/tasks/debian.yml': line 41, column 3,
but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax
problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n\n- name: add mythtv extra
build libraries\n  ^ here\n"}

PLAY RECAP
localhost                  : ok=6    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1
   skipped=7    rescued=0    ignored=0