[mythtv-users] building mythtv from source on Debian 11 Bullseye/Linux Mint Debian Edition

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:46:05 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 3:25 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 3:03 PM Bill <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/9/22 05:34, James Abernathy wrote:
>> References to bookworm in the tasks were all changed to Bullseye. Most of
>> the packages are there, but must have been skipped by missing logic. I did
>> add a few from your list.
>>
>> Try:
>>
>>    git pull
>>    git checkout -b devel/2022 origin/devel/2022
>>    ./mythtv.yml --limit=localhost --check
>>
>> Or remove the --check to actually install packages. I didn't add
>> libp8-platform2 libudfread-dev yet.
>>
>> We can go off-list if there are errors and I'll try to fix 'em.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>>

> do you want this tested on Linux Mint Debian Edition 5?, Debian Testing
> (bookworm), or both?
>
> Jim A

On LMDE5 I had some errors.  One thing I was not prepared for was the
question, "BECOME password"  I just entered my user password and it
continued.

console output below:

jim at ansible:~/ansible$ git checkout -b devel/2022 origin/devel/2022
Branch 'devel/2022' set up to track remote branch 'devel/2022' from
'origin'.
Switched to a new branch 'devel/2022'
jim at ansible:~/ansible$ ./mythtv.yml --limit=localhost --check
BECOME password:

PLAY [mythtv_hosts]

TASK [Gathering Facts]
[WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered Python
interpreter at /usr/bin/python3.9, but future installation of another Python
interpreter could change the meaning of that path. See
https://docs.ansible.com
/ansible/2.10/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html for more
information.
ok: [localhost]

TASK [common : Information used to select which roles/tasks run]
***************
ok: [localhost] => {
    "msg": [
        "Inventory Hostname: localhost",
        "Major Version:      5",
        "Package Manager:    apt"
    ]
}

TASK [mythtv-deb : create a list of deb compilers and build essentials]
********
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv essential build libraries]
***********************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv extra build libraries]
***************************
ok: [localhost]
included: /home/jim/ansible/roles/mythtv-deb/tasks/linux_mint.yml for
localhost

TASK [mythtv-deb : add compilers and build essentials 2]
***********************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv extra build libraries]
***************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv mysql client libraries]
**************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv essential python modules]
************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv essential plugin libraries]
**********************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv essential perl modules]
**************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : add mythtv essential plugin libraries]
**********************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-deb : final package list]
ok: [localhost] => {
    "msg":
"git,g++,make,build-essential,nasm,automake,libtool,ccache,pkg-config,uuid-dev,libfreetype6-dev,libmp3lame-dev,libxv-dev,libxxf86vm-dev,libxinerama-dev,libxrandr-dev,libxml2-dev,libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev,libexiv2-dev,libasound2-dev,libegl1-mesa-dev,liblzo2-dev,libhdhomerun-dev,libsamplerate0-dev,libxnvctrl-dev,libzip-dev,libsoundtouch-dev,libva-dev,libdrm-dev,libvdpau-dev,libass-dev,libxvidcore-dev,libx264-dev,libvpx-dev,libbluray-bdj,libavc1394-dev,libiec61883-dev,libpulse-dev,libfftw3-dev,libssl-dev,libsystemd-dev,libgnutls28-dev,libtool-bin,libcec-dev,libcec6,libavc1394-dev,libiec61883-dev,libpulse-dev,libfftw3-dev,libssl-dev,libsystemd-dev,libbluray-dev,libx265-dev,libcrystalhd-dev,default-libmysqlclient-dev,libmariadb-dev,libmariadb-dev-compat,python3-future,python3-html5lib,python3-requests,python3-requests-cache,python3-mysqldb,python3-lxml,python3-oauth,python3-pycurl,python3-simplejson,python3-setuptools,libminizip-dev,libminizip1,libdbi-perl,libdbd-mysql-perl,libnet-upnp-perl,libwww-perl,libio-socket-inet6-perl,libdate-manip-perl,libxml-simple-perl,libxml-xpath-perl,libimage-size-perl,libdatetime-format-iso8601-perl,libsoap-lite-perl,libjson-perl,libvorbis-dev,libflac-dev,libflac++-dev,libtag1-dev,libcdio-dev,libcdio-paranoia-dev"
}

TASK [mythtv-deb : install packages]
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "No package
matching 'libcrystalhd-dev' is available"}

PLAY RECAP