[mythtv-users] webfrontend vs. mythweb

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Jul 7 14:18:53 UTC 2022

On 06/07/2022 17:23, James Abernathy wrote:
> What is the status of the webfrontend replacing mythweb?
>
> I've used both but I like the fact that if I can install mythtv on a
> system, I get the webfrontend by default and don't have to figure out
> how to install apache php and configure mythweb.
>
> I see a number of features tagged as beta in webfrontend. Is there a
> target for the webfrontend being the primary web tool for mythtv?

mythweb still functions, but is not being developed at all.
patches are welcome to keep it functioning until there is a replacement

the "webfrontend". this is the original attempt at being able
to manage the backend via the embedded web server (thanks Stuart M)
due to it's use of QtScriptEngine (which is deprecated) and the
hard ties into the UPnP stack (which creates the web server - don't ask)
this is also no longer maintained or developed.

THE FUTURE!!!!!!

We are working on an angular based web app which utilizes the services
API to do all the work.

There is a *LOT* todo, including expanding the API to be able to do
everything we need.

If you are at all versed in Angular, or just interested in helping out
please do get in touch.

The current WIP version of this can be found at
http://<your_backend>:<backend_port + 200>
all active development is on master, the version on fixes/32 is a
skeleton.

Questions?

Regards
Stuart