[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend exit options on Master

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 20:21:19 UTC 2022

On 30/01/2022 16:32, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 10:50 AM David Hampton via mythtv-users
> <mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, 2022-01-30 at 10:03 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>      > I've been testing with Master and I recently noticed a change in the
>      > exit options.  I always have the prompt on exit option except for
>      > LiveTV selected.
>      >
>      > It used to have 4 options:
>      > 1. Save and Exit
>      > 2. Exit without saving,
>      > 3. Delete this recording
>      > 4. Keep watching
>      >
>      > Now it only has 3 option:
>      > 1. Exit this Recording
>      > 2. Delete this recording
>      > 3. Keep watching
>      > "Exit this Recording" is the same as the old Save and Exit.
>      >
>      > Any reason for the change.  I use both 1 and 2 of the original
>      > options.
>
>     MythTV formerly used the recording bookmark for both 1) a user bookmark
>     and 2) to remember its position in the recording when you stop play.
>     These have been split into separate items.  The bookmark now remains
>     untouched until you the user set or clear it, and the last played
>     position is always remembered.
>
>     When you start a recording from the "Watch Recordings" page, if you
>     choose a recording and hit enter MythTV will begin play from 1) the
>     last play position (if set), 2) the user bookmark (if set), or 3) the
>     beginning.  If you choose a recording and hit Menu then MythTV will let
>     you select which of the available starting points to use.  These
>     options for starting play aren't new, they were always present and
>     worked with the bookmark and the beginning.  What's new is that these
>     options now include the last played position.
>
>     If you are using one of the MythCenter themes, the "Watch Recordings"
>     page now shows an indicator of what percentage of a recording has been
>     watched. This is based on the last play position.
>
>     David
>
>     https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12809
>     <https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12809>
>     https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/331
>     <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/331>
>

> Thanks for the explanation.  I tested it out with the MythCenter wide
> theme and the % watched is useful.
>
> However, the main reason I've always stirred away from the MythCenter
> themes is the huge popup blue blocks for pause/skip that block so much
> of the useful part of the screen.  The themes like Functional 31 use
> black blocks but very transparent so you can see through them.
>
> This is important when trying to skip through sports where the
> information about the ongoing game is at the bottom. IMO, the MythCenter
> themes need to be a lot more transparent to make it usable to watch
> sports Is there a way to change the transparency level??
>
> Jim A

Theme tweaking can be done almost in real time - leave a screen, edit,
save, and come back (at least when I've tried it).  I haven't found it
easy, but the real version can probably be downloaded again if you break
it.  My edit and progress bar has been near the top of the screen for
years;  it still obscures things.  osd-ui.xml, change second-position
520-s to 60-s.  And a few of the %-s look tempting.