[mythtv-users] Odd Freeview problem on BBC channels

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jan 29 21:38:13 UTC 2022

Having spent part of the evening catching up with recent viewing, I chose a BBC program recorded
yesterday, Friday 28th. Unfortunately, the program was spoilt by a black box stating (roughly):

"Some channels have been moved or added on the 26th January. Please retune if necessary. Press
yellow to remove this message."

Now of course I can't press yellow to remove this message! I don't have this key programmed into my
remote and myth wouldn't know what to do if I did.

Points to note here:

This only seems to have affected BBC recordings. Shows on other channels are fine.

My recording route is via two HDHR duos, so it isn't a function of any set-top-box.

I haven't seen this message on my TV - which connects via a Youview STB - at all.

I'm assuming that this notice might be on some kind of subtitle channel. Is it possible to get rid
of it, either via a menu option or by post-processing? If not, then I'll have to consider all BBC
recordings to be toast until it goes away, since the box covers the bottom one-third of the screen.

--

Mike Perkins