[mythtv-users] Myth Video Does Not Show File

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 27 23:32:25 UTC 2022

On 1/27/22 3:15 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 27/01/2022 22:44, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> I moved the whole series directory to another location not in Myth
>>> Videos, Scanned for Changes, and confirmed all of the moved videos
>>> were gone.  Then I moved the files back and Scanned for Changes. The
>>> same file still does not show up and I lost all of the meta data.
>>>
>>> Jay

>> Looking in the /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log, I see lines like:
>>
>> Jan 25 14:18:42 mythbox mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[31397]: E
>> VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:336 (updateDB) Hash 814a23e70734e53a
>> already exists in the database, updating record 3147 with new
>> filename <new-file-name-here>
>>
>> This indicates to me that not only does this file not show up in Myth
>> Videos, but some *other* video (record 3147) now points to this file,
>> instead of the correct one.  This seems completely buggered to me.
>>
>> Jay
>
> The hash used is quick'n'dirty.  Sorry about the metadata. Perhaps you
> could cut one or other of the conflicting files so that they look
> different again.  Here's an archived thread.
>
> https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/610359?search_string=hash;#610359

I tried appending 32 bytes of random data to the end of the file, but
still not seen in the video scan.  Despite the above mentioned thread,
the hash apparently does not include bytes from the end of the file.

Does anyone know exactly how the hash is computed?  A longer hash
(sha256) would reduce the chance of a collision.  How do I find the
other video that has been broken (record 3147) and fix it?

Jay