[mythtv-users] Myth Video Does Not Show File

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 27 22:44:49 UTC 2022

On 1/27/22 2:36 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 1/27/22 2:16 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Nope.  All files are world read-only (chmod 444).
>>>
>>> Jay
>>
>> IIRC the traditional problem with videos is that the file hash is not
>> unique.  The remedy is to scan an empty video folder, then rescan
>> your current one.  I have never known what this does to metadata.
>>
>> john P
>>
> I moved the whole series directory to another location not in Myth
> Videos, Scanned for Changes, and confirmed all of the moved videos
> were gone.  Then I moved the files back and Scanned for Changes. The
> same file still does not show up and I lost all of the meta data.
>
> Jay

Looking in the /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log, I see lines like:

Jan 25 14:18:42 mythbox mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[31397]: E
VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:336 (updateDB) Hash 814a23e70734e53a already
exists in the database, updating record 3147 with new filename
<new-file-name-here>

This indicates to me that not only does this file not show up in Myth
Videos, but some *other* video (record 3147) now points to this file,
instead of the correct one.  This seems completely buggered to me.

Jay