[mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend not connecting

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:32:53 UTC 2022

Hi All.

Android mythfrontend will not connect to the database on a separate
backend.  Installed on amazon firestick 4k.
Kodi, with the mythtv plugin works fine.  Leanfront also works fine.  But
for some reason mythfronted will not connect.
Error message is that it cant connect to database.
I noticed passwords were different, and tried both of them.

diff ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml
1a2
>   <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>
6c7
<     <Password>pXJn0wim</Password>
---
>     <Password>XF2Xr402</Password>
16d16
<   <LocalHostName></LocalHostName>

Not sure if that is an issue anyway as everything works except mythfrontend.
All the settings are identical between the 3 apps on the same device.
I am using mythfrontend-20210819-arm-v31.0-163-g5da2523154-dirty.apk
Where should I start troubleshooting?  I don't think I need to work on the
backend settings as all other apps work fine.?

Thank you.