[mythtv-users] Trouble Adding Channel

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:15:56 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:00:15 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I have tried to add a channel, TBSHD, 1049 on a cable box connected to my
> >hdpvr but it's not working.
> >
> >In channel editor, I have chanel name TBSHD, channel number 1049, callsign
> >11996, and service ID 1049. I entered the first two but I'm not sure how
> >the last two got set.
> >
> >This channel is enabled in Schedules Direct (I double checked) and I have
> >run mythfilldatabase after making this change.
> >
> >On the program guide the channel shows up but there are no program
> entries,
> >it just says Unknown (Unknown)
> >
> >How can I fix this?
>
> You need to set the correct xmltvid for the channel, to match what
> Schedules Direct provides.
>
> I've done that, and no help.  Still no entries in the program guide. The
entry I made was I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org  I don't see any errors
regarding that channel in mythfilldatabase output.

I tried to set everything else based on an example from another working
channel. I still don't know how "service ID" got set. I may have set that
accidentally but I don't know if it matters, or indeed what that setting is
for.  There doesn't seem to be a way to clear it so maybe it got set
automatically after all.