[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun tuners and network switches

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:44:03 UTC 2022

> The above has the most break ups when watching
>
> However, moving the cable leading to switch 3 from the AP/router to switch 1 seems to work best.
>
> Does this make sense or point to a problem?
>
> Jim A

I use the hdhomerun_config_gui utility and watch the meters that are displayed. Those meters will tell you if you are having antenna problems . If the green bars stay consistent, then sounds like a network problem as discussed..

I also use a different variation of the hdhr config command line to dump the same info as seen in the guy above as follows:

hdhr=<hdhr_id>

hdhomerun_config $hdhr get /tuner0/status

When the above is looped, you will see drops if there are problems as you would with the gui version above.

Someone also mentioned the power supply, and I have had to replace those when things got weird.

Regards