[mythtv-users] Major Issues with new Nvidia Shield 9.0 upgrade to Android 11

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:24:31 UTC 2022

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 3:07 PM glen <glenb at glenb.net> wrote:

> i had terrible results on the 9.0 and very happy to be back on 8.23, the
> myth apps, both, play really well. i'm sure nvidia will get the interlaced
> content issue resolved so i plan to keep an eye on the forums and try again
> when it looks like the coast is clear. it was fairly simple to reflash
> using their recovery image.
>

> Just to add my experience with the 9.0 update, I have v30 backend and a
> v30 frontend and after the update I have audio sync issues with both
> recorded and live tv (paused a few seconds).  It's like the video is
> occasionally choppy, and the audio fluctuates from almost synced to maybe a
> half second off.  I haven't tried playing with any video settings yet, I
> have a v31 apk to try as well.
>
> On first launch I get a "this app was built for a different version of
> android" message, if I build from source will it fix that?

For those who somehow got 9.0 installed and now regret it, like Glen says
it's easy to put 8.23 back on the Shield. I summarized what I did with
Glen's help in a posting on the MythTV forum (
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4740).  So it's there when I
have to do it again and forget where to start.