[mythtv-users] nvidia shield system update?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 11:40:10 UTC 2022

On 1/12/22 11:08 PM, glen wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-01-12 at 21:56 -0600, George Bingham wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 8:51 PM James Abernathy
>> <jfabernathy at gmail.com <mailto:jfabernathy at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> I do have one caution.  When I was testing more this afternoon, the
>>> Shield TV started having issues with every app. The screen would go
>>> blank and the sound would mute for a second or two once in a while.
>>> I tried playing with settings, moving HDMI cables around,
>>> eliminating HDMI switches, etc. It may just be my older TV. It's a
>>> Samsung UHD, but 5 or more years old. Resetting back to factory
>>> settings didn't solve the issue, just created more work for me. I
>>> also tried Amazon Prime Video and it would not play the program
>>> Bosch in 4K like it always did in the last version of Shield
>>> experience.  I'll work more with it tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>>
>>> Oh wow, thanks! Since we just got this (I literally just unboxed it
>>> a day ago) I think I'll leave the upgrade alone for a bit...

> having a lot of issues on the nvidia android 11 they pushed on mine
> today. will not upgrade my other box... and may do a recovery image
> back to 8.01

Over on the Nvidia Shield forum there are many issues with the 9
experience. There is even a hotfix you can sign up for already and it
will be pushed out. the release notes on the hotfix don't sound like
mine, though.

I would love to know how to roll back to the last 8.* version I had. The
current state of my Shield is unusable. I'll be switching to my FireTV
or Raspberry Pi 4 until this is fixed. Yesterday was so frustration, I
considered hitting the Shield with an sledge hammer so I would not be
tempted to mess with it any more. It's good when it works, but they have
never solved the Matching framerate issue.

Jim A