[mythtv-users] nvidia shield system update?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 02:50:12 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 9:33 PM George Bingham <georgeb1962 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 4:49 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 5:28 PM George Bingham <georgeb1962 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just purchased the nvidia shield for our family room 4k tv. I've tried
>>> to load the android version of mythfrontend, but am unable to connect to
>>> the database. I have not been able to figure that problem out - BUT -
>>>
>>> I have leanfront running on it, and it works well, as it does on my
>>> google TV chromecasts.
>>>
>>> I noticed that android 11 has become available, but I have not yet
>>> installed it, I don't want to muck up my leanfront running on it. Has
>>> anyone installed the update on their shield and run leanfront (or the full
>>> frontend) successfully?
>>>
>>> Also since I only have database connection issues on my android
>>> frontends - my linux laptop connects fine - is there some trick I am
>>> missing for the android FEs to connect to the database?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any insight!
>>>

>>> -- George
>>>

>> I have just updated to Android 11, Shield experience 9 and Leanfront
>> still works fine.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> Thank You, good to hear that... will let it install overnight.

I do have one caution.  When I was testing more this afternoon, the Shield
TV started having issues with every app. The screen would go blank and the
sound would mute for a second or two once in a while. I tried playing with
settings, moving HDMI cables around, eliminating HDMI switches, etc. It may
just be my older TV. It's a Samsung UHD, but 5 or more years old. Resetting
back to factory settings didn't solve the issue, just created more work for
me. I also tried Amazon Prime Video and it would not play the program Bosch
in 4K like it always did in the last version of Shield experience.  I'll
work more with it tomorrow.

Jim A