[mythtv-users] BE4 - Remote Frontends not connecting

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:11:31 UTC 2022

Hi Folks!

Just a follow-up on a comment I made about ‘on to my SchedulesDirect
problem’ in this thread. Was a PEBKAC – problem between keyboard and
chair! In the .mythtv subdir had seen a file “YYYY.xmltv”, which I
thought to be not following traditional naming, plus vaguely rang a
bell. Also it contained my SchedulesDirect login, etc.

In https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV>
saw this: tv_grab_xx_xxxxxx --configure --config-file
$HOME/.mythtv/YYYY.xmltv . Ah-Ha! ...”YYYY” supposed to be the Video
Source Name, here ‘Antenna’ (aren’t I clever!). I copy-and-paste a lot
of commands to save errors on typing; must have missed. Anyway, a quick
cp YYYY.xmltv Antenna.xmltv and mythfilldatabase completes properly and
I have data for eighteen days!

Barry