[mythtv-users] Build of Android Mythfrontend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:54:09 UTC 2022

On 1/10/22 6:45 AM, John wrote:

> "/I set up my FireTV 4K Max with the mythtv-frontend Pre32. It really /
>
> >/is having issues. I have it set up the same as the previous version. />/Leanfront is still showing the videos perfectly, so it's not the />/recording. It took a while to get it working because the backend is on />/Archlinux and I had to dig to get it to allow the FireTV to connect />/because mariadb is configured differently on Arch.  If I'm the only />/one reporting issues with this version, it must be Arch configuration. />/The backend is a 11th gen Intel NUC so it should not be a performance />/issue and the mythfrontend on the NUC plays the same video perfectly />/just like Leanfront. />//>/Also I've reset the FIreTV and that didn't help. />//>/Any ideas? />//>/Jim A /
> /I reported earlier in this thread that the Android Frontend is fine
> with UK recordings. /
> /Did some more testing this weekend and can confirm Jim's reported
> issues. /
> /On my Shield Tv playback may last for several hours without problems
> (device is on the same switch as the Backend)./
> /On FireTV Max the MTBF is in the order of 10s of minutes (device is
> one switch away over Powerline)./
> /The failures are none repeatable and dependent on the source material
> ie some channels are more reliable than others. The dynamics of the
> network may also be relevant ie less problems when the backend and
> frontend are connected to the same switch. //On failure I get a lock up of the video hardware ie nothing else will
> play either until the stick is rebooted./
> /I don't think this is a recent regression in version 32, its been
> like this for along time and was my reason for/
> /using Leanfront which plays perfectly. /
> /
> /

If I understand correctly, you have a fire stick 4k with ethernet
adapter going over powerline.

My experience with powerline was not good, IIRC it would randomly
disconnect for a minute or two at a time and then reconnect. I don't
know if this is what you are having. You may do better with WiFi.

Instead of powerline I now use Ethernet over coax, since my house has
coax cables built in for cable tv that are not being used. This give 1GB
speed and consistent reliability using motorola MOCA adapters.

Peter