[mythtv-users] Building a new MythTV Backend for 2022

James jam at tigger.ws
Mon Jan 10 06:17:48 UTC 2022

> On 10 Jan 2022, at 1:54 pm, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that by the time your SSD reaches its write lifetime (even if really active - the one I installed 5 months ago is at 4% life used, which means after 9 years it will reach it limits), you can likely buy something much better for not a lot of money.

Mark from my experience you'd have needed to install a small (like 64G) ssd
Had you gone for a cheap say 512G SSD with a 600TBW lifetime then you'd have written 24T B or 2400G /day or 600M / sec continously for 25 years.
IE stop pin for SATA, you'd need m2.

If you were going to do that choose a say 2T drive with 2400 TBW with 100 yr lifetime.

cheap ones: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/850evo/
more expensive: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970pro/
James