[mythtv-users] BE4 – Remote Frontends not connecting

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 22:01:28 UTC 2022

Hi Folks!

Found the problem as to why the Frontends weren’t connecting to the new
Backend! Found this:

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=3923
<https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=3923> . Scroll down about
two-thirds and found:

<quote>

On the DB server/backend, this is wrong and /should/ have been
correct based on an answer to a question† when the package was
installed:

Code:

|$ cat /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf|
|[mysqld]|
|#bind-address=::|

The # above means comment and that MySQL is only listening on it's own host.
Remove the #. You may need to restart mysql (sudo systemctl restart mysql)

</quote>

Checked on the old working Backend (BE3 – version 3 ) (the one that
crashed – see my earlier post this month) – the bind-address line is
active / not commented. Ahhh!

Uncommented on the new (BE4 – version 31) - restarted mysql – local FE
(on the BE) works! Checked my test Raspberry Pi Frontend - works! Tested
the ‘real’ Frontend downstairs - works! :)

Rebooted the Backend – deep breath! - everybody still working!!

(Now to figure out the SchedulesDirect problem!)

Barry