[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup without UPNP searching for backend?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:00:17 UTC 2022

When I'm working on building a test mythtv BE/FE combo to test something, I
have mythtv-setup fail due to it finding another backend like my production
one. The only way I've found to recover from this is reformat the HD and
start over with O/S install.  I know that you could spend a year or so
digging into what files need to be removed, but I can't find them all so in
the interest of time, I just start over.

What I'd like is a way to tell mythtv-setup to not go looking for anything,
just stay on localhost and make all assumptions as localhost.  Does that
exist??

When I can remember I shutdown all backends before running mythtv-setup on
the new system and it works as expected. When I leave one up, it's a
disaster.

Jim A