[mythtv-users] Filenames of recordings: access from the desktop

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 16:25:02 UTC 2022

I have several postprocessing scripts which I run from the desktop.
Some include box-specific workarounds to use the chanid_starttime.ext
format and some need the full file name including the storage group.  I
use multiple tabs, so can usually modify an earlier command line.

But I have tried, in setting up, to keep an obvious relationship between
the chanid and the Logical Channel Number used in the EPG.  This has
been becoming more difficult, with a recording made today from LCN 26
having a chanid of 35238 (shown by an I from the Watch Recordings page
in the MythCenter-Wide theme).  I think I'll just have to live with it,
although it does make it harder to pick a given recording from a
file-manager display.

Before I try some other kludge, is there an easy way of displaying and
'copying' the full filename from a windowed Myth display?  Or some other
approach?  I guess that adding it to the 'Watch Recordings' screen
itself isn't going to improve the family experience...

FWIW the 'M > Playback > Playback Data' popup shows the full filename.

TIA

John P