[mythtv-users] Android Mythfrontend Touch Screen Control Problem

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sat Jan 8 17:50:25 UTC 2022

I have latest Android v32 build running on two phones and a tablet. It
plays recordings adequately on all three, and the touch screen works
properly on all the menus. On the tablet the hot spots on the display
during the playing of a recording, work properly for pause/skip etc. On
the two phones they don't. No matter where I touch there is no reaction.
Well almost, actually maybe one in maybe 50 touches at the same spot I
get a reaction.

Its really not useable without being to at least be able to pause. I
have occasionally used a mini bluetooth keyboard to use it with the phone.

The phones are Pixar 3XL (Android 12), Nexus 6 (Android 7), the tablet
is a 10" Android 9 Onn.

The touch problem on the phones go back many releases of the Android
frontend. I have a recollection that it worked at some time in the past,
but I may be confusing it with the tablet.

Any ideas? Is the touch control working on other peoples phones?