[mythtv-users] recordings restored from backup, how to fix database?

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:32:33 UTC 2022

My mythtv recordings partition was irrecoverably corrupted.  But I
have a backup from six months ago.  I don't have a corresponding
database backup.  So I want to align the existing database to match
the recordings on the HDD.

Any HDD recording or DB entry that doesn't have a corresponding DB
entry or HDD recording should be deleted.  That is all I need and I'll
be happy.

I remember there used to be a "fix myth database" script.  Has that
been maintained?  Would it do what I need in this case?