[mythtv-users] Missing EPG on a number of channels

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 09:18:10 UTC 2022

> > Maybe do "Delete all channels" in the Channel Editor of mythtv-setup and
> > scan again.
>
> I don't want to do this again. After deleting all channels, all
> recordings lose their channel information. :-(
> It was quite a bit of work to add additional channels in mythtv-setup
> and patch their chanids in the database to the old recordings' chanids.
>
> Yes, that is definitely a lot of work.... The good news is that with the
latest v31 that you are using and with the new v32 there should be no need
to modify chanid values manually. I have updated the description in the
Wiki https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning#Delete to clarify what
happens when channels are deleted.

> [missing EPG on some channels]
> > Check that an ordinary TV shows the EPG guide data. If a TV can do it
> then
> > MythTV should also be able to get the EPG guide data.
>
> Good hint. I checked with a neighbour who's got a TV set: it doesn't
> show EPG for the same channels where mythtv doesn't show EPG.
> I mailed the provider, let's see what they say about it.
>
> This makes it almost 100% sure that it is a problem in the signal and not
a problem in MythTV.
A possible alternative is Schedules Direct that according to the website
https://www.schedulesdirect.org/regions does have schedule information for
Germany. I have never used it myself but it is supported in MythTV and many
people in the USA use it.

> > > Jan 02 12:22:25 hostname mythbackend[1310]: 2022-01-02 12:22:25.320880
> > > MPEGStream[3](0x7f8e50079368): Error:
> > > AFCOffset(4)+StartOfFieldPointer(182)>184, pes length & current cannot
> be
> > > queried
> > >
> > These messages should not be there on a regular basis. Does this really
> > happen with the latest mythtv v31-fixes?
> > It is possible that there is room for improvement in the way MythTV does
> > parse the streams.

I think I fixed this only in master and not in v31. It is a minor bug that
has been there for years and it does not really give problems.
If you observe this in the new version 32, to be released soon, then please
report again or create a ticket on Github.

Thanks,
Klaas.