[mythtv-users] Database corruption – I think

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:01:35 UTC 2022

Hi Folks!

Last night at the very end of watching shows on a remote Frontend had a
problem where the FE couldn’t find the database – show completed fine,
we play a game of how many hours on the Information screen (the one
before the one listing deleted shows) – all blank fields. At the FE
exited Myth, tried commandline ‘mythfrontend’ – error something like
can’t find backend database.

Running MythTV v30 under Ubuntu 18.04.

This morning the Backend required a manual fsck /dev/sda2. Didn’t quick
take so ran fsck -fy /dev/sda2 and followed that with GRUB > Recovery
Mode> DPKG to fix. (I’m following a post in AskUbuntu.com.)

Backend now working; tested and the recorded shows are there and play.
Did see an error about “is mythfilldatabase running?”; figured that
would resolve itself at the pre-scheduled run to SchedulesDirect later
in the morning. Nope.

Database error:

Table ‘./mythconvverg/program’ is is marked as crashed and last
(automatic ) repair failed

Googled: tried various myisamchk options – eventually I did a find for
*.MYI (used iname for the case-insensitive option): no  *.MYI anywhere.

Did try service mysql status ==> active (running)

fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: no such file or directory

Later thought of

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore>

        Full restore of a specific backup file

Change the directory and filename, as required:

mythconverg_restore.pl --directory /home/mythtv --filename mythconverg-1214-20080626150513.sql.gz

BE3 ==> /home/barry/Mythtv

Seems mine wants the fullpath even though I’m in the correct directory.

Here is ‘home/barry/Mythtv.

The source filename – says “The specified backup file does not exist”.
(Error says stopped at line 845 if that helps any.) I pulled it in from
the GUI file cabinet, tried with and without the full path. ls says it’s
there.

Help! Now what should I do?!

Thanks!

Barry