[mythtv-users] Problems connecting a remote frontend after upgrading to Debian Bullseye

Robert 2201mythtvml at rainbow.in-berlin.de
Tue Jan 4 08:57:54 UTC 2022

On 22-01-04 01:41:06 CET, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 23:26:19 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have a combined BE/FE and a FE and both computers were running Debian
> >Buster. This weekend I upgraded the combined BE/FE to Debian Bullseye
> >and after that I can no longer start the FE on the other computer since
> >it can not connect to the database.
> >
> >I have not seen any obvious changes but the MariaDB has been updated
> >from 10.3.31 to 10.5.12. Do anyone know if there have been any changes
> >related to remote database access between these versions?
> >
> >Or do anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this?
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Peter Carlsson
>
> The fist thing to check is to see what port that MySQL/MariaDB is
> listening on on the BE:
>
> sudo netstat -anp | grep mysql | grep -i listen

The same happened to me. After the upgrade on the computer running the
backend, the remote frontend could not connect to the database any more.
I found that the upgraded MariaDB listens to 127.0.0.1:3306.

I guess I commented out the line that does this. Since then it works
again.

Now:

/etc/mysql% grep -r bind-address
mariadb.conf.d/60-galera.cnf:#bind-address = 0.0.0.0
mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf:#bind-address            = 127.0.0.1
my.cnf.migrated:#bind-address           = 127.0.0.1
conf.d/mythtv.cnf~:#bind-address=::
conf.d/mythtv.cnf:#bind-address=::

I haven't pulled the backup to see how it was set before...

Best,
Robert