[mythtv-users] manage recordings

Klaus Becker colonius47 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:33:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

In my media library, I have about 50 recordings for me and about 250 for
my daughter. I have a group for me and another one for my daughter, but
the recordings are alltogether in the same folder on my desktop computer.

This is a problem when I am not at home and I want to regard films. The
difficulty is to copy some of the films on my laptop.

I have about 300 films in one folder on my desktop, how to find some of
the 50 films for me I could copy on my laptop ?

I use mythlink and I see the real name of the recordings in the folder
"links". But it is not easy to get a list of the links and their
targets. I already did it with readlink, but I cannot find again who to
do. And even with this list, it is not easy to select and copy recordings.

My daughter does not often regard here recordings. So the best way would
be to move them to another dedicated folder. If I move them to "Videos",
I shall loose all the informations about them. If possible, I would like
to keep them.

thanks for your hints

Happy New Year !

Klaus