[mythtv-users] mythmusic cd rip locks up

lists at arewethere.net lists at arewethere.net
Sun Feb 27 00:52:02 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am trying to make a copy of a CD I purchased to my myth box.
This has worked fine in the past but I haven't done it for a
maybe couple of years now.  System details below.

When I go into Optical Disks -> Import CD the UI displays the
various input fields but seems to get wedged before it can fill out
any of the fields other than the recording quality (perfect).

It looks like the layout isn't quite right, some fields overlap.
The theme I am using is 'Mythbuntu', which is likely relevant.

I did the obvious and started mythfrontend with --loglevel debug,
did nothing else but insert a CD and go to the ImportCD page,
but the log (attached) does not show much that seems helpful.

Has anyone else had troubles with this recently?
Cheers

$ cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="20.04.4 LTS (Focal Fossa)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS"
VERSION_ID="20.04"
HOME_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://help.ubuntu.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy"
VERSION_CODENAME=focal
UBUNTU_CODENAME=focal

$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v31.0+fixes.202202250033.7e4ce1ba98~ubuntu20.04.1
MythTV Branch : fixes/31
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.12.8
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_libbluray_external using_xrandr using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame