[mythtv-users] Does Mythmote still work?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:22:51 UTC 2022

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022, 7:02 PM Ted L via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> >On Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 08:36:16 PM EST, DryHeat122 <
> dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know if the Mythmote app still works? I have set it up with
> the double-checked IP and MAC addresses it needs, >and I have opened port
> 6456 with UFW. Still it won't connect. If it's not obsolete can anyone
> suggest troubleshooting steps?
>
> Yes, it works.  Frontend, Setup, General, Remote Control, Enable Network
> Remote Control Interface.

Damn I thought it might be just this simple but it is already enabled. I
did notice from that screen that there is a UDP port required. Made a UFW
rule for that too, no help.

Since you guys have assured me it's working, It's got to be a firewall
issue. It's also failing quickly not timing out. I'll have to switch on UFW
logging and see if I can discover anything there. Will post the solution
here once I get it working.